Saturday, May 29, 2010

I think I have a problem.

And you know, they say that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. You see, I love afghans. Adore them, really. There's just nothing else quite as comforting as curling up on the couch with a big crocheted (or knitted) blanket. My favorites are the heavy soft ones you can just snuggle under all day!

Just yesterday, the dear husband and I were out and about and decided to stop in at Unique Books. (I love having two independent bookstores just around the corner from our apartment!) This marvelous bookshop happens to have a small shelf at the back of the store with craft books. Sewing, knitting, crochet, papercrafts, they even have a couple of books on cabinetry! I saw several vintage craft and sewing books (and it pained me to leave those 1960's sewing books on the shelf, but we ARE on a budget), and happened across a copy of 7-Day Afghans, from 1985. I flipped through it and found several patterns that I just love. Incidentally, half the patterns are crochet and half are knit. While I don't knit, I have been thinking about trying it again, and some of the pretty patterns I found seem like they'll be just the inspiration I'll need to pick up a set of needles and give it a shot!

No comments: