Monday, July 19, 2010

Apologies

I apologize for having been away so long! I have been pretty busy in the interim, however. There was a trip to Austin, Texas for work (and I would love to go back for a vacation sometime, the city seemed like a ton of fun!). There were a couple of bad diagnoses for people I care a great deal about, and a generally busy Nancy. Hopefully things will calm down a bit now and I'll actually have a chance to get a bit of crochet done.

Sadly, I haven't had a  lot of opportunity to crochet in the past few weeks, but I have still been dreaming of new projects and delightful yarn! :) I have some wonderfully soft baby alpaca yarn in a gorgeous color, and I have been dying to use it! I'm thinking a lacy shawl would suit this yarn well. Here are a few patterns I've found that I like:


Photos from Caron International's website


This is such a pretty, lacy design, but I can't help but think it might be a little too open. Still, it's pretty, and maybe I could bookmark it for a nice, soft, cotton yarn sometime in the future? :)



Photo from www.crochetuncut.com, by Darlisa Riggs

I think this pattern would be gorgeous in ombre colors. Shades of blue, teal, and seafoam would make it look like waves, while shades of gold, orange, and crimson could evoke images of a beautiful autumn day.

And this looks similar, but a bit larger, I think.

Photos from Caron International's website.
This pattern seems to beg for big, bold colors. I think it looks wonderful in this burgundy.


Do you have any pattern suggestions?

No comments: