Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wonders Never Cease

Since my last post I have completed another two projects. At this rate, I'm going to run out of projects next week! :P

Here are a few photos of the things I've made this past couple of weeks:
 

All together now!
This is an earwarmer for a young woman at my
workplace. I love the contrast between the pink
and black. It's black merino wool, and the rose is
yarn made from recycled bottles.
 
To see more photos of the two cowls here,
go check out Thursday's post.


I feel I need to preface these photos. For the past couple of years I have started and unraveled three or four different scarves for my husband. I'll get started on something, and decide that I don't like how it's turning out, then unravel it and start on something different a week later. Well, I started this scarf last night, before my dear one left for work. I showed him what I was working on, and he mentioned the other 3 or 4 scarves I've started for him before. When he came home from work, guess what was sitting there waiting for him? :) I worked this double-stranded, in a flat version of the pattern I used for the light green cowl in my last post. It's in a blue-grey wool I found in my stash, and black merino wool (the very same as the earwarmer above!). I promise, it isn't actually as blue as the photos make it seem- it's much more of a muted blue-grey.
 

No comments: