Saturday, February 19, 2011

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning...

Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feeeeeelin',
Everythin's goin' my way.

Yes, that's from "Oklahoma". Yes, it IS a glorious day here in Kentucky, and yes, I do have a beautiful feeling that everything's going my way.

This morning I sat out on my porch and crocheted for two solid hours in the sunlight. It was wonderful. And the fact that it's February in Kentucky and I was doing that? Downright miraculous.

I made a fair amount of progress on my scallop scarf in those two hours, two. It's now about 30 inches long. Halfway there!

Now it's time to go do some laundry and clean house a bit until Dearest Husband gets off work. Oh, I had forgotten to tell you! He was recently promoted! That's right, no more night shifts for us. He'll never have a weekend off unless he requests it, but I think I can live with that since we're both working days now. It's nice to actually see him once in a while! :)

Happy Saturday, everyone!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

That song brings back memories of singing the songs from 'Oklahoma' in chorus. I think I was in the 5th grade.:-) It was beautiful here in SC also! Congrats to the hubby on his promotion! Thank God he has a job!