Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Busy, busy, busy.

I have been very busy lately. What with starting a new afghan for a dear friend's wedding (I really really want to post photos, but I can't until after I've given the FO to the wonderful couple!), making another Poke Ball hat, and scrambling to get the house spic n' span for our landlord to show it tomorrow, I've had little time for blogging. I do have something neat to share with you today. A little while back, my husband gave me a copy of Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace.


I have to say, there are a couple of patterns in there that I think are pretty ugly, but it's the same with almost any pattern book you buy. At any rate, there are several patterns in here that I'm just dying to try out, if only I had the time. I definitely want to make the Chrysanthemum shawl on the cover of the book. There's also a skirt pattern and a shawl/wrap pattern utilizing pineapples, which I adore but have never crocheted. And there is a pattern for a gorgeous floral lace robe. So I think I'm pretty well set as far as potential projects go this year. :)

1 comment:

Granny said...

I love that shawl. My mother used to crochet pineapple doilies and although I've never made one they're on my "to do" list.