Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

A friend of mine recently asked me to create a hat for her to look like a Poké Ball. For those of you unfamiliar with the game of Pokémon, it's a fun little game that I grew up with, and it has expanded into a cute game empire. In-game, you use devices called Poké Balls to capture adorable creatures and force them to fight one another so they can gain experience, grow, and evolve. See? It's loads of fun. For lovers of the game, the basic Poké Ball has evolved into an iconic representation of all the things they enjoy about the world of Pokémon.

It looks kind of like this: 



So on Saturday I took a little trip to Michael's and picked up some Loops and Threads Charisma yarn in red, white, and black. I'm so proud of myself for beginning and finishing the hat in the same day! It is worked entirely in HDC, and is my own pattern. I'll post the pattern once I work out variations for different sizes. :)

Til then, enjoy the pretty photos!

1 comment:

Rambler of Tales said...

It shapes very well to the head. I tried it on.

A lot.