Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Technique of the Week: The One Ring

Okay, so it's not THAT "One Ring", but I like to think of it as the One Ring of working in the round. Especially if you get frustrated at the hole left in the middle of your hat/motif/afghan/you name it with other methods. I recently tried this when making the button for the font of my Poké Ball hat, and I love it!

You can find great photo and video tutorials all over the web, but I think these two from PlanetJune are excellent. She's posted a right-handed tutorial, and a left-handed version as well!

Here's a little peek at her tutorial:


If you love in-the-round projects, but hate that little hole that's left in the center, you should definitely learn and use this technique!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I just love the magic ring. I'm still mastering it. I have a hard time getting the yarn and my fingers to cooperate to make that first stitch or two. I swear I use it for any square that begins "Ch X and join with a SL stitch".