Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Am I Doing?

Remember that cute green market bag from Bernat? I'm making one in Sugar n' Cream Mod Ombre- it's a bright ombre with white, blue, green, and yellow. Perfect for spring, if you ask me. :) I read over the pattern today, and I have to say, I was incredibly confused. This is a terribly written pattern. Nowhere does it mention that you are crocheting the bag from the top on one side to the top on the other, in a sort of boat shape, then crocheting the handle on top. It's kind of weird. But I'm up for it. Why? It's just that cute. Thankfully, I had the good sense to see what folks on Ravelry had to say about it, otherwise I don't know if I would have figured out how the heck I was supposed to get a bag from that pattern. It really does look like the pattern was never tested. >_<

In other news, I have plans to make a free-form sort of design for a round afghan. I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while. Inspired by the February landscape and a poem I had written a while back, I dreamed it up on my way home from work one day. I'm going to sketch it out sometime in the next few days. Keep an eye out for that! I'm really excited about this project, and will keep you all updated on its progress. :)


...
.......
Hmmmm.
I feel like I've forgotten something...
............

OH!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
In honor of this happy occasion, I present you with this adorable shamrock garland:





And a couple of interesting quotes on the Emerald Isle and her people:

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
- Sigmund Freud (speaking about the Irish)


"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody."
- Brendan Behan


"The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad. For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad."
- G.K. Chesterton


"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."
- Winston Churchill

 
 
 

No comments: