Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ruh-roh

I'm a terrible terrible terrible person. I punked out on Knitting and Crochet Blog Week about halfway through. Sorry folks! I might try to finish up the posting prompts next week- we'll see. At any rate, I have actually been doing SOMETHING with my time. All the time I would have otherwise spent blogging got allocated to actual crochet. That's right folks, I've been hookin' all week. I finished up my market bag, and have gotten some more work done on the wedding afghan I've got in the works. I really really really want to share photos of the afghan. I'm dying to share photos of the afghan. But I can't. the afghan itself is not a surprise, but the color and pattern are. So no pics for you until Katie gets her afghan.

In other news, I frogged that scallop scarf. It makes me sad, because it was halfway done. All that work was wasted. But I don't think I was going to make any more progress on that particular piece. That yarn was even difficult to frog back. It just does not want to cooperate, no matter what I do. I'm planning on double-stranding it and using it to make a rug. I'd like to make one with loops, and I was inspired by this rug over at Teens with Yarn. Obviously, my rug will be all in natural colored wool, and I'll probably keep the loops smaller. Hopefully this project will turn out to be more satisfying than the scarf. (I would keep my fingers crossed, but that makes it hard to crochet.)

2 comments:

Se said...

I wanna see a pic of the market bag.

Nancy McGill said...

Patience grasshoppah. Photos shall follow in a couple of days. :)